Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make a Hotspot Highlihgt blink

Hi!
I am trying to make a hospot in highlihgt blink. I think it has something to do with the "flash" option, but I'm not sure how to use it. Right now I have everything configured as "player vicinity". When the player approaches a hostpot, it goes to highlihgt and when you put the mouse over the hotspot the label comes out. So far everything is correct. I just want when the hotspot is at highlihgt, it blinks to get more attention from the player.

My game is for people who don't usually play video games and I want hotspots to be easy to see.

Using Unity 2019.3.6f1 with AC 1.71.4

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• The "flash" option causes all Hotspots to brighten then darken - so that you know where they are.

If you want the highlighting to be a custom effect, you'll currently need to uncheck Auto-brighten materials when enabled? and then use the Call custom events? option to trigger your own script functions that handle the effect.

However, it sounds like this is a good case for exposing some kind of "effect animation curve" that would allow you to choose the way the brighten effect occurs over time. I'll give it some thought to see if it's feasible.