Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issues with Unity "Experimental Playmode Options" setting

Hi Folks,
I've noticed that using Unity's new "Experimental Playmode Options" and disabling the Domain and Scene reload causes AC elements with "Remember Trigger" or "Remember Hotspot" to have issues, like starting the game in the incorrect 'enabled'/'disabled' states.

I realize this is an Experimental Unity feature, but I'd be interested in knowing why this issue may be happening on the AC side, to perhaps address it internally and be able to capitalize on the great speed boosts provided by the new Unity Playmode Options.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Both the above scripts derive from the Remember class, which itself is a subclass of ConstantID. I can't offer more as to what the issue may be just yet, but it is something I'll be looking into myself.

• What is the exact behaviour, and can you share steps to recreate the issue?

AC doesn't rely on static variables in the manner that Unity's "Upgrade Guide" docs describe, and I can't find an issue with Remember components.

However, I have found that Unity - when Scene reloading is disabled - will internally record the active scene's build index as -1 on startup, which does cause issue with the Player-spawning system.

I'm not sure if this is related to what you're facing, but it can be fixed by opening the SceneChanger script and replacing the CurrentSceneIndex property block with:

public static int CurrentSceneIndex
    {
        get
        {
            #if UNITY_EDITOR && UNITY_2019_3_OR_NEWER
            if (UnityEditor.EditorSettings.enterPlayModeOptions.HasFlag (UnityEditor.EnterPlayModeOptions.DisableSceneReload) && UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetActiveScene ().buildIndex == -1)
            {
                return 0;
            }
            #endif
            return UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.GetActiveScene ().buildIndex;
        }
    }