Forum rules - please read before posting.

Rogo Lipsync audio/speech gets cut off if text dialogue finishes first.

unity version: 2019.3.10f1
ac version: 1.71.8

I'm having trouble figuring out why the audio is getting cut off while using Rogo Lipsync. It appears to be getting cut off if the text dialogue finishes first. If I added extra text for testing the Rogo Lipsync asset and accompanying audio would be able to finish.

If this is intentional behavior, I'm not sure how I'd be able to get all the dialogue working. The audio usually seems to take a lot longer than the text. If I had to add pauses into the text it seems like that would be unreliable and a lot of work. Is there any way to have the text dialogue sync with the Rogo assets, somehow?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @falldeaf.

Yes, I think I can see what's going on.

When using AC alone for audio playback, subtitle display will be based on the length of the audio - not the length of the text itself.

However, this isn't the case when Rogo Lipsync is used - meaning the length of the and audio and text are mismatched.

I will look into a proper fix for the next update, but in the meantime you can "quick hack" LipSync from being cut off prematurely by commenting out the following line in AC's RogoLipSyncIntegration script:

lipSync.Stop (true);

• That's awesome, thank you!

Also, I don't want to muck up the technical forum with gushing but thank you for creating AC, I love it. On top of being such a good tool, I really appreciate how well it's supported. I wrote a long thank you but slightly reworded it and posted a review on the unity store instead.

Thanks again!

• Much appreciated!

I've recreated this bug, so a fix will indeed be included in the next release.

• Hi @ChrisIceBox ! I saw that you released a new version, 1.72, but I didn't see in the changelog any mention of this issue. Is this still an issue you're hoping to address?

• It's listed under "Characters" in the Changelog for v1.72.0:

• Fixed: Character speech audio not being synced to subtitle menus when using Rogo LipSync for lipsyncing
  • Wow, that's really explicitly listed. I'm an idiot. Thank you so much I really appreciate the bug fix!
  • I just wanted to quickly confirm that the v1.72.0 fix for Rogo LipSync works perfectly!

At first I thought it wasn't showing the subtitles correctly, but I realized that you must set subtitles to 'On' to show both speech and text subtitles. In case anyone is just getting RogoLipsync up and running, too. (I had the 'force subtitles on if no audio files are found' option checked.)

Thank you again, Chris!