Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is it possible to Disable PC Movement but keep Turn-to-face

edited August 2020 in Technical Q&A
I want to stop my PC walking about (I have been using 'Player - Constrain - disable movement' for this) but still want it to turn and face when the player clicks different areas of the screen.
Is this possible?
Thanks.

Comments

• When movement is disabled, a Player will still respond to Character: Face direction and Character: Face object Actions, as well as the Turn To Face / Face after moving? options in Hotspot Interactions.

If you place down Hotspots on the various places you want them to face, you could create "dummy" interactions (i.e. with no Interaction ActionList assigned) to have the Player face them.

For something more arbitrary, you'd need to rely on a custom script that causes the Player to face the direction of the cursor position when clicked. Though exactly how this is done depends on your camera perspective. Is this for 2D or 3D?

• I'm still currently using 2d, but am planning to switch soon to 3d.
    I'll try messing around with dummy hotspots for now and see how that goes for now.
    Thanks!