Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character doesn't move to marker with Object: Transform - Copy marker

I have a player character with a character controller attached. When I try to change the position of the player to a marker with Object: Transform - Copy marker, it just doesn't work. When I try to teleport the player, it works fine. Is there any way to make it work with 'Copy marker'?

Comments

• edited August 2020

Both the Moveable and Player components assume control over the position of the GameObject they're attached to.

I will attempt a recreation, as it may be possible to work around it. What is your Movement method set to, and does the ActionList block gameplay with the Object: Transform Action having Wait until finished? checked?

One alternative to be aware of is that it's possible to use Timeline to lerp your character to a fixed position by creating an Animation track that eases in over time.

• Thanks for the response @ChrisIceBox. The movement method is 'Direct' and gameplay is blocked with 'wait until finished' checked.
    Thanks for the suggestion however the way I need is to be able to lerp the same character to different marker positions. I hope there's a way to do that with AC.

• Use this Action to temporarily change your Player's Motion control field to Manual before the movement, and back to Automatic afterwards:

https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Action_to_change_a_character's_motion_control

For a guide to installing custom Actions, see the Manual's "Custom Actions" chapter.

• So I found out that the Animator - root motion and the NavmeshAgent were both stopping the character from moving. It was fixed by using Object:Call event to disable the root motion and navmeshagent just before Copy Marker and enabling right after. Thanks for the hint @ChrisIceBox.