Forum rules - please read before posting.

Always show hotspot icons - Showing over unpaused menus.

So, after making a custom script to let the player decide if he wants to see the hotspots icons/texture always or never (only be hightlighting etc), I've found those hotspots icons show over unpaused menus (like a full screen menu), and that is very ugly and I wish to be able to fix that xD (happens both with icon and with texture)

Game is 2d. The options I allow to show hotspots is "never" (everything work as always) and "Always" and on "ScreenSpace" (where the problem is)
Menus are "Screenspace - overlay".

I guess that is maybe totally expected.... I understand maybe there is no workaround to make this work (to not show over unpaused menus).

Any clue if there is a workaround for this? Do you need more information?

PS: Main reason I wanted to add this feature is because when Hightling (tabbing) searching for hotspots, the hotspots that doesn't have a graphic attached to it (like an icon that just pop up to move) doesn't show and that sometimes confused players (Tried to find a way to show that in a non-obstrusive way and without modifying hundreds of hotspots but not found the way yet).

Comments

• If there is no simple solution that has to do with just modifying that those icons doesn't show over menus, I guess I can just code that when there is a unpaused menu on screen, they deactivate....

• I got the same problem
    I am not sure but you can use this function I will try;
    KickStarter.playerInteraction.DeselectHotspot (true);
    and create a custom actionlist

• edited September 2020

Given that this is a visual problem, can you share screenshots to illustrate it? I'm not entirely clear on your meaning - are you looking to prevent all Hotspots from showing when a given menu is showing, or only those that occupy the same region as the Menu?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and what is the Menu's "Source" property set to?

AC menus are drawn above Hotspot icons, but both will be drawn above Unity UI-based menus. It may be that you need to disable the AC rendering of Hotspot icons in favour of a Unity UI-based method, if you're using the latter type.

• Yes I guess is a totally expected behaviour with my UI/visual configuration.... Cause UI menus don't let hotspot show in my normal behaviour (mouse hovering) cause the raycast rec transform panel that is set on AC menu configuration, but if hotspot are set to show always then they don't care about rendering over the UI.

So I'll just add some additional workaround in order to deactivate the always visible just when opening some menus.

Thanks ;)