Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue while waiting for animation to finish

Hi there,

I'm having a strange issue with a seemingly simple actionlist.

My character has a normal Blend tree for idle and walk. I have an interaction that I run when I use an inventory item with a hotspot, and the ActionList is the one on the image.

The issue is, as long as I don't move my character just after starting the game, the actionlist works properly, so my character turns to the object, it runs the "Throw" animation, and at the end, the other animation plays on the other object.

However, if I move my character around, the run the interaction, the "facing the object" node works normally, but then, the second and third animations play at the same time, as if the "Wait until finish?" was not marked.

The issue might as well be the way in which I organize my AnimationController, but the strange thing is that it works sometimes.

Anyway, thanks in advance, and let me know if you need more details to be able to help me.

Comments

• Ok, just by setting the transition time to 0 it seems to fix the issue. But I'd love to know why is this happening, because it doesn't make much sense to me, unless my AnimationController is basically wrong.

• setting the transition time to 0 it seems to fix the issue

In the Action, not the Animator?

It may be that giving a non-zero transition time causes the Animator to take a frame to begin playing the animation. Try the following: open up AnimEngine_Mecanim.cs script, then find the following (should be on or close to line 488):

return (action.defaultPauseTime);

Replace this instead with:

return (action.fadeTime);

If you then revert the transition time back to 0.05, does it then behave?