Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save main menu after game restarts

In my game, the main menu has two options for starting a game, either New Game, or Resume (through autosave only, no manual saves). When a new game is started, the Resume button is shown, and the New Game button is hidden. The way a player would start a new game is through a Reset button that would reset the game. If the game were to be quit out of and then reopened, I want these elements to remain the way they were before the game is quit, but I am not sure how to save these elements. Please help!

Comments

• You can assign an ActionList in the Menu's ActionList when turn on field to configure the Menu's appearance based on e.g. a Global Variable.

So if you have a boolean variable "Show New Game", you can use the Variable: Check Action to run one of two Menu: Change state Actions that either show the New Game button and hide the Resume button if True, or vice-versa.

Global Variable values are normally stored in the save file, but if you set its Link to property to Options Data, then it'll be part of the profile data, meaning it'll be loaded in when the game begins.