Forum rules - please read before posting.

UCC + AC Camera Switching.

Hi,

I have followed the guide to integrating Opsive's UCC and AC, this is working like a charm, but... When I try and change the camera to a standard AC camera all I get is a black screen. Any ideas why this could be?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited September 2020

Are you looking to change camera as part of gameplay, or as part of a cutscene? The latter should be demonstrated when interacting with the dummy on the right in the example scene.

What does the "AC Status" box detail about the state of the camera? It can be enabled at the bottom of the Settings Manager.

A black screen may indicate that the AC MainCamera's "Fade texture" (which is pure black by default) is being overlayed. In Edit mode, try finding the MainCamera Inspector and changing its Fade texture to green.png - a transparent green colour. Does the screen then turn green instead?

If not, what is the position/state of the MainCamera? You can pause the game and view it in the Scene window to get a preview box.

• Hi Chris,

Apologies for the late reply, the last few weeks have been a bit unpleasant.

I appreciate your guidance and suggestions, the fade texture sounds like the cause as I wasn't receiving any errors in the console.

However, I've decided to drop UCC, it was too heavyweight for my purposes and caused more problems than it solved. I have instead opted for Third Person System by Dias Games (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/third-person-system-124613) it is better suited to my specific needs. It will integrate in the same manner that the Ootii Motion Controller does.

Anyhoo, thanks again.