Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remember Animator Warning Message

edited October 2020 in Technical Q&A

I am using the current version of AC and Unity 2020.1.7f1and I get the following error message:

Animator is not playing an AnimatorController
UnityEngine.Animator:get_parameters()
AC.RememberAnimator:ShowGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/RememberAnimator.cs:136)
AC.RememberAnimatorEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Save system/Editor/RememberAnimatorEditor.cs:14)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

I made a video about the issue, where I go through all the attached components and how to make it that the warning message disappears. I don't know why this happens but if I uncheck Set default parameters or minimize the Remember Animator Component in the Inspector solves the issue.

Link to the video:

Edit: The warning messages appear only when I move the mouse while having the game object with the remember animator component selected in the hierarchy window.

Comments

• The problematic code is related to the display of the Inspector, which is why the warning only shows when selected.

It may be a Unity issue - your Animator has a Controller assigned, so the message itself isn't quite true.

You have a lot of non-AC/Unity components on the object, though, If you duplicate the objects and remove all expect the Animator and Remember Animator, does the warning persist?

• A moment after my post I noticed that Unity 2020.1.8f1 was released. I updated and recreated the situation in my video. Seems the bug was Unity related as the warning messages are now gone.