Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Phone Movement and NavMesh

edited October 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hello! I have been fighting with this. I have activate the Movement method to "Straight to cursor" so when I move hand the player moves. The problem is if I do that the character just ignore the NavMesh. Is anyone having this issue? I'm attaching my NavMesh , GamePlay and Settings screenshots.

gameplay navmesh settings

Comments

• Can you share your "Movement settings" panel?

See the Manual's "Straight-to-cursor movement" chapter. A non-zero Pathfind update time (s) value is necessary for this movement method to support pathfinding. Otherwise, you will need to restrict character movement with colliders.

• Yes, here:
    Captura-de-pantalla-2020-10-15-095158

It just work when camera is not up the NavMesh. Camera is following character, so when I move near the NavMesh border, and I drag outside navmesh and the character goes up and up.

• You need to set a non-zero "Pathfinding update time (s)" for pathfinding to work with straight-to-cursor movement.

• if i set a non-zero Pathfinding character doesn't move :(. Attached again my Settings and NavMesh ones.
    Settings
    NavMesh

• Your character will pathfind at the frequency set by that value - which is now 5 seconds.

Set it to something like 0.3.

• Already done, I tried 0.3, also 0.1, but nothing :(. Only moves when is zero :(.

• Create a .unitypackage file of your Managers, your Player prefab, and a test scene (no graphics necessary). PM it to me and I'll take a look.

• This already is solved with the update. Thanks a lot :D.