Forum rules - please read before posting.

hotspots go palookas when I move my character

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here. :s

I've made a super simple scene with one single hotspot and as soon as I start moving my character around (the sphere, using direct movement) my hotspot appears to move or stop working.

This is what it looks like before I start moving my character:

But as soon as I start moving around, the hotspot stops functioning, despite the cursor hovering over the exact same area:

Here's what the scene and movement / hotspot settings look like. (the red plane is just to show where the area is and has nothing to do with the problem)

What's wrong here? Any help appreciated. :)

thanks!

t

Comments

• What are your AC and Unity versions?

As an extra clue: enable "Gizmos" in the Game window to show the yellow Hotspot cube at runtime. Is it remaining in the same place, or somehow moving with the Player?

I suspect this is more due to the camera moving, rather than the Player - though you can try dropping the Demo's "Tin Pot" player prefab into the scene to test.

What type of "GameCamera" are you using, and is it only your AC MainCamera that is enabled and tagged as such? Please share some screens showing your camera setup in the scene/hierarchy.

Try moving your character only a short distance, so that the Hotspot only moves on-screen a little ways. Is the Hotspot only then partially selectable, as if the Hotspot is moving the same amount in the opposite direction?

• Thanks for putting me on the right path, Chris. It was indeed a camera issue.

This is a HDRP project and by default there's a "simple camera controller" component on the main camera. When I started WASDing, the camera didn't physically move (so I didn't notice), but still somehow the new position was recorded and screwed with the raycasting.

Simply disabling the "simple camera controller" solved the problem. :)

Thanks again for the quick reply.

t