Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't select anything from AC inventory

Hi all!

I'm using the AC 1.72.3 and AC inventory GUI which was created by the wizard. For some reason all the time the first object - the shift left button - in the inventory menu is all the time highlighted and I can't select any objects.

When I try the AC demo inventory GUI seems to work fine.

Here's a picture of it.
Imgur

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @ehuvio.

If the button is being highlighted automatically, it's likely that it's being controlled directly. If you press right on the keyboard, does the "shift right button" become selected?

If you're looking to select with the mouse, make sure that the Menu's Auto-select first visible Element? property is unchecked, and First selected Element is blank.

If this is the case and you still have the issue, share screenshots of your Menu's properties, the top of the Menu Manager, and your Settings Manager's "Interface settings". I'll see if I can spot what's happening.

What's your Unity version and platform?

• Hi! I'm using U2020.1.8f1.

I can't seem to find such properties anywhere. Are they supposed to be in Menu properties?

BTW I just updated AC couple of days ago, but I did not remove the old one. Could this cause some problems?

• Here's a screenshot of the Inventory properties.
    Imgur

• And also I'm using Win10 and the right press moves the selection.

• Your Menu's Source is set to Adventure Creator. Set it back to Unity Ui Prefab, which you said had the problem, and let's see the properties then.

The top of the Menu Manager, and the Settings Manager's "Interface settings" as well, please.

From the looks of it so far, you've set the Menu to pause the game when it's enabled. If this is correct, and you don't want to directly-navigate the menu but instead use the mouse, be sure to uncheck Directly-navigate when paused? at the top of the Menu Manager.

• No, I'm using the AC menu. I haven't even started to design any menus of my own.
    The problem doesn't go away with the pause game unchecked.

Here the interface settings
    Imgur

• edited November 2020

My mistake - I thought you meant you were referring to Unity UI when you said the default was fine.

I will still need a shot of the top of the Menu Manager, though - the "Global menu settings" section.

• Here you go.
    Imgur

• Looks OK to me, I can't tell what's wrong from these.

Can you PM me your Managers as a .unitypackage file? I'll take a look at them directly.