Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cycling Interactions, omit undefined

Hi,

I have the interaction setting set to "interaction then hotspot", and the interactions to cycle on right mouse click. Is there any way to omit certain interactions from the cycling based on whether the hotspot in question, supports them? Not talking about using inventory items on world hotspots but rather about general types of interactions.

For instance, if one can cycle between talk, look, use, is it possible to leave "talk" out for hotspots that do not support "talk" (e.g. a wall)?

In other words, I suppose this would also mean that if you had the interaction cursor set to talk and then hover over the wall, it would have to revert back to the first valid interaction on this hotspot automatically, and if you had a valid interaction to begin with, that will stay as-is, but any further right click cycling while over the hotspot would omit the ones that are not relevant (such as talk).

Any way to do anything close to this?

Sel

Comments

• edited November 2020

For cursors included in a cycle to be based on the active Hotspot, you need to rely on Choose Hotspot Then Interaction mode - since the dependency is reversed.

With that set, change your Select interactions by field to Cycling Cursor And Clicking Hotspot.

That behaves similar to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot, only cursor switching only occurs when over a Hotspot / inventory item. Omitting unused cursor icons is then a case of checking Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot / item?.

If you wanted to stick to Choose Interaction Then Hotspot, then you'd have to involve custom scripting to force-select/deselect certain cursors when a Hotspot becomes active, or the cursor is switched to. I can assist, but give the above a try and see if that's an appropriate alternative.

• Hi Chris, thanks for the help! Your suggestion seems to work, but we would like to have some form of cursor the rest of the time when one is not hovering over a hotspot at all (right now it seems to show like an arrow), if nothing else just to show that nothing is there that is clickable. The current one looks like the system cursor. What is a good way to have such a general cursor, or perhaps more ideally, one that constantly "looks" at the room when there is no hotspot at all, using the above method with Choose Hotspot Then Interaction?

Sel

• You can define graphics for your "Main cursor" at the top of the Cursor Manager - this will be used when not hovering over any Hotspot, or when no cursor icon / inventory item is active.

• Thanks! I had this set to "only when paused" for some reason, but your reply reminded me where it was.