Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hold Object IK Problem

Hey!

I'm trying to use the Character : Hold Object action in the Move Hand With IK mode for a cutscene on my game. However, I'm using a custom setup where I move the character along a spline manually during the cutscene, so I have to turn off AC's Player System (from Engine : Manage Systems ) to stop AC from modifying the transform of my player. The problem is that if I disable the Player System, the IK doesn't get updated so it doesn't work during the cutscene. Once I enable the Player System, the IK works and it moves the hand to the IK target, however it also modifies the rotation of my player which I don't want.

Could somebody point me in the right direction about how to update the IK system while the Player System is disabled? Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @artofbeni.

It's not necessary to disable the Player system to prevent AC from updating its position.

In this case, you'll probably instead want to set the Player's Motion control field to Manual during the cutscene. Doing so should relinquish AC's control over it's position and rotation - but still have it update its IK systems and others e.g. speech.

Re-enable the Player system, and try changing this field manually from its Inspector just as the cutscene begins - do the two then work together as intended?

If so, you can look to change this field through custom script:

AC.KickStarter.player.motionControl = AC.MotionControl.Manual;

And back again with:

AC.KickStarter.player.motionControl = AC.MotionControl.Automatic;

• Thank you, @ChrisIceBox !

Just tested with the manual motion control and it works perfectly. I'll do it using this method. Thanks for the help!