Forum rules - please read before posting.

Translation problem

Hi,
I have a small problem with AC translations.
Unity 2020.1.10f1 Adventure Creator Ver.1.72.4
After doing the gather text, I noticed that in the exported .csv file, there were not two Dialogues: Play speech assigned to an NPC.
This character is created during an action in the game, and after a few conversations with the player, he is waiting to receive an object.
As soon as I pass the object to the NPC, I perform an action list assets that removes the object from the inventory and in succession performs two Dialogue: Play speech and then enter a new Conversation.
In practice, these two Dialogue:Play speech have not assigned a Speech Manager ID.
I'm still at the beginning and have little practice, and could you please tell me where I'm wrong?
Thank you for your answers

(Action List) https://imgur.com/a/fnMVvyF

(Search text in Speech) https://imgur.com/a/54idv50

(Search text in Dialogue) https://imgur.com/a/K4OmKq4

Comments

• The lines are part of an ActionList asset file - not a scene file. Having it be gathered is a case of making sure that AC is aware of it.

When text is gathered, AC won't necessarily include all ActionList assets in your project - only those that it knows, for sure, are a part of it. This is to ensure that discarded assets, demo ActionLists etc are not mistakenly included.

I see that the ActionList is referenced by the NPC's Hotspot, but how is the NPC referenced by the scene? Is it being spawened in at runtime?

A brute-force method would be to create a dummy scene, place the NPC inside it, and include the scene in your Build Settings. AC should then pick it up.

• edited November 2020

Hi Chris,
    yes the NPC is created at runtime.
    I thought of it this way: to make the NPC appear, the player must first have collected some items.
    Each time one of these objects is collected, I change its Boolean variable to true, and check all of the necessary object variables.
    If all of them are true, then I make the NPC appear.

Can I use the brute force method you recommended, or put the NPC on stage in a non-visible way, and make it visible at the positive check of all these variables?

Thanks for the solution.

• The brute-force method will always work, and ActionList assets are only ever "counted" once per-gather. You could place the NPC in multiple scenes and still avoid the lines being duplicated.

How are you spawning the NPC? Through script, or the Object: Add or remove Action?

There's nothing wrong with that approach, but keeping the NPC hidden from view would be just as viable. The Object: Teleport Action can be used to teleport an NPC to a Marker.

• The NPC is created via Object: Add or remove.
    Yes, Object:Teleport is also a good alternative to Object:Visibility.

• Or I could create an Action List in _Cutscene that refers directly to the action list in assets, would that work?

• Yes - as long as the scene directly references the asset file, so that it can get picked up by the Gather Text process.

• Great, thanks for your help.
    I was afraid to say something stupid, but you were very kind to answer everything.