Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Feature Request] "Engine: Wait" to recognize float Local\Global Variables set as parameters

Hi!

As per title, I was wondering: could Engine: Wait recognize float parameters derived from Global\Local variables, so not just ActionList-specific float parameters?

Looking at the ActionPause script I can see that the ParameterType enum only considers either .Float or .GlobalVariable, so if I was to write my own Action I wouldn't be really sure about how to best tackle this.

I hope this is not a silly request; if so: I apologize and feel free to discard this!

Thank you!

Comments

• Only Float parameters are supported - I'm not sure where you're reading .GlobalVariable from.

You can convert a Variable to a Parameter using the Variable: Set Action - if you give the ActionList a Float parameter, you can set it to your Global Variable's value, and then insert that in the Engine: Wait Action.

• edited November 2020

Oh, thanks! I didn't think of this as a solution; apologies!

Only Float parameters are supported - I'm not sure where you're reading .GlobalVariable from.

What I meant was that I was trying to write my own "ActionPause" so to have Action.ChooseParameterGUI() specifically take a float Global Variable as a ParameterType, but I realized that the options of the ParameterType enum would only cover either .Float or .GlobalVariable and not both at the same time.

In other words I couldn't easily find a way to pass a specific ActionList parameter, retrieved from a float Global Variable, in Action.ChooseParameterGUI().

But that said, thanks a lot again!
    The Variable -> Parameter conversion seems to work just fine!