Forum rules - please read before posting.

Opsive Third Person Controller Integration

Hi there, I'm trying to integrate AC with an already existing project made with Opsive's third person controller (Not UCC). I downloaded the integration package and follow the instructions of the readme file, but when I try running the demo I keep getting this error in all scenes which prevents me to enter playmode.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10cbvrTy-wPmFGRfqLcX0TLEMSvCCQewg/view?usp=sharing

I also get an error when trying to add the AC_UCC_Character component to the TPC Player saying the script class cannot be found.
Is this due to a lack of compatibility with the third person controller or I'm missing something else?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited December 2020

Welcome to the community, @galamot.

The integration was made specifically for/with UCC, but from what I understand it should be cross-compatible, since Opsive's assets have a shared codebase.

The "HasArrived" property was added recently to reflect the most recent update to UCC. It may be that the most recent release of TPC also has this requirement (or soon will do).

I'd recommend contacting Opsive for clarification on this, but you can also try removing the offending code, i.e. the "HasArrived" property from the AC_MotionScript. It's not actually used by the integration - just a requirement of the subclass.

• Thanks, Im going to try that.

• This is a reply to this old post, but I keep getting the error that says:
    Assets\AdventureCreator\Downloads\UCC integration\Scripts\AC_UCC_Character.cs(15,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Input' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Don't really know what is referring to and it's preventing me from playing any scene. Any ideas on how to fix it?

• Are you using the latest versions of both UCC and the integration package? UCC recently made changes that required an update to the package.