Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator and Ultimate Character Controller integration: Question about readme file

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of mixing UCC with AC and following each step to make the scene as the readme file teaches me. Now there is one sentence I'm a tad curious about, let me quote it:

"Set up the scene using AC's Scene Manager, assigning the UCC MainCamera in the Scene Manager's Default camera field."

^This is the 4th point of the "AC camera control" step.

My question is by: "set up the scene" am I told to use the AC game wizard to setup all the managers or do I just have to do something else?

Thanks in advance! I did follow every tutorial for both AC and UCC and checked the demo scenes but somehow that line got me confused!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @thusky.

You'll have to use AC's New Game Wizard in order to use AC, but this is only something you need to do per-project, not per-scene.

Once you've created your Managers with the wizard, they can be used throughout your game, and you'll then have access to the Scene Manager. By "Set up the scene", the Readme just means that you need to use the Scene Manager to convert the current scene into an "AC one", which is a case of going to the Scene Manager and opting to organise your scene objects.

See the top of this tutorial for an example. The previous tutorials in that series cover the New Game Wizard, and the AC Game Editor window (where the Scene Manager lies) respectively.

If you need more clarification, just let us know what you've done so far - otherwise I can only give very general advice.

• Thanks a lot Chris, that answers it perfectly!

As it turns out we do "know" each other per say, I came to you a few years back to ask you about making a "Myst" clone, the movement I was into back then was node based and you helped a ton by email, I even see that you uploaded a solution for that now which is great!

I'll follow what you just suggested here it should keep me on track, been a while since I last completed all of your videos, I might have to redo the projects from scratch, damn you memory of mine!

I'll be sure to post another query if I hit another roadblock! In the end I want to make a Resident Evil 1 + Silent Hill 1-2 "clone" prototype, so far so good, I checked out all the other posts about the core mechanics I'm looking for, should be doable!

Have a good sunday, cheers!