Forum rules - please read before posting.

2d sample bugged out? unity 2019.4.16f1 AC ver 1.72.4

upon starting up 2d scene, i hit play and i see a 3d robot fall, and no character just a scene with a tree, worm, and background. i remember in the past, that the guy from the trailers would walk around and interact with scene. I thought using the LTS unity and latest version i shouldn't have issues.

Comments

• edited December 2020

Welcome to the community, @aphixe.

Please use the top toolbar to run the 2D Demo game - "Adventure Creator -> Getting started -> Load 2D Demo".

This will first load the 2D Demo's Managers, and then the 2D Demo scene, allowing the demo to run correctly.

For context: each AC game requires its own set of Managers to run, so both demo games have their own set of Managers that must be loaded in before they run correctly.

The 3D robot you're seeing is Tin Pot, the Player character of the 3D Demo, which means you have the 3D Demo's Managers loaded in. Just switch over to the 2D Demo Managers and all should run correctly. If you check your Console window while running without these Managers, you should find that it's warning you about this.

A series of introductory tutorials, covering the demo games, creating your own Managers, and running your first Cutscene in AC, can be found here.