Forum rules - please read before posting.

Switching to a Navmesh off the floor, doesn't seem to work

edited December 2020 in Technical Q&A

Hi all,

Merry Christmas!, hope you all had a good one

Really frustrating issue as I can't imagine why this wouldn't work?.
I have one navmesh on the ground, and another on a roof with an object you can climb up to get to the roof area.
When you trigger it I run object:teleport-player and move them to a marker on the roof within the 2nd navmesh.

I've used multiple nav meshes on other scenes with no problems, using the Mesh collider pathfinding method, and creating the meshes with Probuilder's excellent "new poly shape".

I then use Scene:change setting: default navmesh to switch the navmesh once the player climbs onto the roof.
For some reason the navmesh doesnt work properly, and only a very small corner of the shape is walkable?

The only difference is the navmesh is up in the air (on the roof).. I've added a floor collider under it and tried everything I can think of, even checking the "recalculate pathfinding" option after I use object teleport to move the player up onto the roof to a different marker.

Any ideas? I'm totally stumped.

Comments

• As ever... user error!, but I'll leave it as a warning to others so you don't waste an hour trying to solve the same problem. :)

I had collision objects set to invisible in my scene and there was an old hidden collision cube blocking the player..

Doh!