Forum rules - please read before posting.

cursors in 2d game

edited January 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hello
Would it be possible that only the cursors that had an action behind would appear? I would like that if I only have a hotspot with the action of examining, the other cursors would not appear.
It's possible? where is the option?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @anibal.

It's possible to limit the cursor icon to only valid interactions, but the exact method depends on your Settings Manager's Interaction method value. What is this currently set to?

If set to Context Sensitive, meaning you have a "one click" interface, then the cursor will change to the icon used by the Hotspot's first-available "Use" interaction - provided Change cursor based on Interaction? is checked in the Cursor Manager.

If set to Choose Hotspot Then Interaction, then you can rely on an Interaction menu to list all available interactions. You can limit the display to only interactions that are valid for the given Hotspot by checking Auto-hide Interaction icons based on Hotspot? in the Settings Manager's "Interaction settings" panel.

If you're not clear, please share a screenshot of your full Settings Manager, as well as an example of how things should be appearing in-game, and I'll try to direct you more specifically.

• Thanks Chris
    I use hotspot then interaction and I chose cursor in each scene then ...
    Thanks