Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problem movement ucc

i am making a 2.5d project with ultimate character controller, practically if i go for example to the right, the character does not turn

Comments

• What are your AC and UCC versions?

The video shows the problem, but not how you've arrived at it. How have you set up your character and Managers? Are you using the same Nolan Player from the UCC integration's ThirdAndFirstPerson example scene?

Unless the UCC character is pathfinding (which doesn't appear to be the case here), then their movement and rotation is controlled by UCC - not AC.

There may be some key difference between your setup and that of the demo scene. Try assigning the integration's included Manager asset files, and open up the ThirdAndFirstPerson example scene. Create a new Simple Camera, and position it overhead in the same way as you have now, then make it the scene's default camera. You should find that this character turns to face their movement direction correctly - certainly this is the behaviour on my end.

If so, try making the Nolan character in the example scene, and drop him into your own. If your own scene, with the example scene Player, still has the issue, try assigning the example scene's Settings Manager.

• ok i solved it, i forgot to take nolan from integration sorry.
    thank you very much for replying

• sorry if placed here I would not want to create too many topics but I have another question for you, on the button name of the action list I have to insert the name of the button created in the unity input manager?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/X3KFPom.png[/img]

I tried to go to the triggher and click the button but the message does not appear, am I doing something wrong?

• Yes, you want to enter in the name of the input as listed in Unity's Input Manager - not the input key itself.

Detecting input in the Action will only last for the frame that the Action is run. The best way to detect input is to use Active Inputs - see the Manual's "Active inputs" chapter for more.

• it works. Thank you very much :smile:

• edited January 2021

i have another problem with ultimate character controller, i basically set aim with shift, shoot with A, and when turning while character while aiming i set Q and E, leaving mouse as interaction with items and menus but i have this. problem

• What problem, specifically? The aiming? That is handled by UCC - AC is not controlling your character at this time. You will need to contact Opsive about this.

For AC, you will need to be using the latest release from the Asset Store - v1.72.4.

• I now use the latest version. anyway thanks for replying :smile: