Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character moving when clicking hotspots

And the final thing to address, sorry just getting the game ready for the release soon.

Sometimes the character moves slightly when clicking a hotspot. It seems to happen the first time a hotspot is clicked after entering a scene. It does not happen again unless you exit and come back and does not happen if the character has moved first by clicking the navmesh before clicking the hotspot.

AC version 1.68.4
Unity version 2020.1.13f1

Comments

• edited January 2021

I'm sorry, but there's not enough detail here. In what way do they move, does it occur if they move somewhere else first, how close are they to the Hotspot, and what are the "Player action" settings in the Hotspot Inspector?

Please try to provide clear steps that recreate the issue. If you drop the 3D Demo game's Player prefab, Tin Pot, into the scene to replace your own, does he have the same issue? If not, the source may be from your Player. If so, it may be from your scene/settings - in which case, try dropping your Player into the 3D Demo (Managers + Scene) and see if they have the issue there.

• Here is a link to a gif of what's happening.

https://ibb.co/8bcX2R3

He takes one step forward. There is nothing on the hotspot that is telling him to do that, and it doesn't even matter what hotspot I click, he does it no matter what the hotspot. In the gif I clicked the door which does nothing but start a dialog which is a list of locations. Player Action on that hotspot and all my hotspots are "Do Nothing"

Was not able to get Tin Pot to do it and was not able to get my player to do it in the demo scene.

The steps for me to recreate it is, go in a new scene and click a hotspot. However, it doesn't happen all the time. At first when I went to make that gif, it wasn't happening. But it started happening again so I made the gif. It does not happen if you move first before clicking anything. It only happens the very first time clicking a hotspot after entering a scene.

• edited January 2021

AC v1.71.4 included the following:

• Fixed: Minor Player motion issues when reacting to Hotspots

It may be that this is the same issue.

If you can't update, switching to a Blend Tree for your player's motion should mitigate the issue.

• This reminds me of a similar issue I've been seeing, might not be the same thing though, so I'll make a separate post just in case:
    https://adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/11017/small-player-movement-during-repeated-hotspot-interactions#latest

• I bit the bullet and updated AC which seems to have gone smoothly thankfully. The issue seems to be possibly fixed. At least I have not been able to recreate it yet since updating.