Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with "Auto-select first visible Element"

I'm seeing two issues with "Auto-select first visible Element"

1. No selection is made the first time I show the menu (Appear type: Manual). If I click a button on that menu which takes me to a second menu and then go back, the first menu now does have the first option selected as expected.

2. When a menu item selected, pressing the down button on the last item on the menu de-selects the last item rather than staying on it (as is the case when you press the up arrow on the first item)

AC: 1.73.1
Unity: 2020.2.4

Comments

• No selection is made the first time I show the menu (Appear type: Manual).

Full details of your Menu's properties, please. Be aware also that you can also use the Menu: Select Action to manually set which element is selected.

pressing the down button on the last item on the menu de-selects the last item rather than staying on it

AC doesn't handle navigation of Unity UI-based Menus - it's still set by the "Navigation" settings of the various UI Button components.

• I cannot recreate the issue. Exactly how and when are you turning it on?

I'm assuming "Directly navigate Menus when pause?" is checked.

• Ah, "Directly navigate Menus when pause" was not checked, will make sure to enable that for controller support - thanks!

• Hey Kloot, if you’re using unity menus with direct controls, have a look at the navigation settings for each button/ui component
    A neat thing to do for QoL is to go in and change the navigation so that the bottom button navigates to the top one on downward movement and the top is setup the opposite way
  • Thanks for the tip, dude 👍