Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot highlights briefly flicker when inactive playable characters pass them.

edited February 2021 in Technical Q&A

Heya!

My (3d) game has multiple playable characters and uses hotspot vicinity detection. When a currently inactive playable character walks past a hotspot, the hotspot highlight will flicker, despite this character not currently being the one the player controls. It's as if AC first highlights and THEN checks whether it should or not.

• It is possible that this effect isn't visible with default hotspot highlighting settings. I have cranked mine up high. (intensity up to five and a transition time of 0,03 seconds).

• I'm using separate cameras for separate players, so I have chosen to use "Limit to camera" on the hotspots that can only be interacted with by a certain player. I see no reason why this should interfere with this, I just thought I'd mention it.

Thoughts on this?

edit: I can also add that this problem happens when you're playing a character and you walk past a hotspot BUT you're looking through a camera that should not allow the current hotspot to be highlighted. The hotspot won't be interactive, but the brief highlight flicker will still occur.

Thanks! :smile:

t

Comments