Forum rules - please read before posting.

Drag n' drop inventory item on UI button

I'm trying to make it so the player can drop inventory items on buttons representing other players (like I believe they do it in the remake of Day of the Tentacle), here's a screenshot to illustrate what I mean:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amz_vh8OYDX3vNloGs9xT439IIkEEg?e=XkUdOE

The player button is registered as a Button on a Menu so in runtime it has a UISlotClick component (and shows the Hotspot menu on mouse over). Any ideas on how I can get an event when an item is dropped on a button - I was looking for something akin to the EventManager.OnInventoryCombine event?

Thanks!

Comments

• There's no built-in functionality for dropping items on Buttons - you'd have to hook into the OnInventoryDeselect event and then check if the mouse was currently over the Button.

Alternatively, you could make use of Inventory items in a "Characters" category, and use an InventoryBox element to display your character icons in a separate menu to your regular inventory. That would give you automatic click behaviour since you can then define combine interactions as part of the item properties.