Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remember Footstep Sounds not working on load?

Hi!

I have a strange problem with my Footstep sounds when loading a save game. As far as I understand, the Remember Footstep Sounds _ component should store the Walking sounds in the _Footstep sounds component while saving a game.

However, when I save my game with a certain set of walk sounds, then leave the scene and load the save game from a point where the Player character has been assigned a new set of sounds, the player still holds the newest set of sounds.

In other words, the player doesn't get his saved Walking sounds data back. Both components (Footstep sounds and Remember Footstep Sounds) is placed on the same GameObject as the animator.

Any ideas? :smile:

Eivind

Comments

• You need to ensure that your AudioClip asset files are configured to be retrievable by the save system. By default, this means giving them unique filenames, and placing them in an Assets folder named Resources.

See the Manual's "Saving asset references" chapter for more details on this topic.

• Thank you for your fast reply! I missed that part in the manual :) I'll look into it.