Forum rules - please read before posting.

Engine: Control Timeline - When 'play from beginning' is disabled, what should happen?

edited March 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hello,

When like this:

What is the expected result on play?

In my project the timeline doesn't play and it's almost like everything is frozen. I was hoping by not saying play from beginning I'd be able to make use of the 'Initial Time' feature of the timeline so I could go about starting things from half way through for quicker testing. As far as I can see though there's no way of getting it to play unless "play from beginning" is true.

Comments

• If checked, PlayableDirector.Play is called. Otherwise, PlayableDirector.Resume.

It may be the case that the latter specifically requires a Timeline to have already been played, and then paused midway, for it to work - which can also be done with the Action.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a lack of a way to reliably tell if a Timeline is currently paused.

However, to prevent the Timeline from rewinding to the first frame when playing, just uncomment line 100 in ActionTimeline.cs:

runtimeDirector.time = 0f;