Forum rules - please read before posting.

100's of lines missing from translation import

I have imported my translated text, yet 100's of lines do not get imported, which leaves me with the painfully long task of copying and pasting the missing translations in. Can anyone help me understand how to sort this?

I am importing German, am using CSV UTF-8 file, one column, delimited by a '|'

Comments

• Lines are imported by their ID number - do the missing lines have IDs that match the CSV file?

What are your AC/Unity versions, and is there a common pattern for the lines that are missing - e.g. some shared special character.

Check the Console for messages, too.

• Hi there is a common pattern for each time I import.
    My console tells me that there needs to be a | to seperate columns for missing lines, even though they have one like all the other lines. And I import i to the exported text to ensure all IDs are correct.

Using AC v 1 66.8
    Unity 2019.4.14f1
  • edited May 2021

I was referring to a common pattern shared by lines that work vs those that don't.

What does a typical line that works look like, vs one that doesn't? That is, the raw line in a text editor - not the dialogue text.

Try making a new CSV file that only has the header and one line that isn't importing - does that import succesfully?

Your AC version is old, but if you can update - be aware that v1.70.0 introduced the option to rely on standard CSV formatting, as opposed to AC's custom format that relies on | characters to separate fields. It'd be worth converting your CSV file to the standard format and import in a duplicate project that uses the latest AC, to see if that succesfully imports.

• i will have a look an try updating project :)