Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory combining items works in AC UI and not in Unity UI

Hey,
In Adventure Creator UI everything works. But in Unity UI when I select an item and click another item the combine interaction won't trigger.

I have been trying out different settings at first, but then I found when I just change between the Unity/AC inventory menu that is enough to fix the behavior.

What can I check to see what is an issue with my unity inventory prefab?

(I can pm a video of my UI setup)

Comments

• The video you sent shows you're using quite an old AC release. Even if it's in a duplicate/backup project, try the latest release to see if this is still an issue.

It's also not an issue I can recreate using the Demo/Default interface. Try setting your Menu Manager asset file to Demo_MenuManager, and switch to Unity UI Prefab (the demo's Menus should all have UUI equivalents). Does that then work? If so, we'll have to look further into the way your own UI prefab is set up.

Also, are you making use of a custom EventSystem?

• Hey, I have not moved to custom event system yet.
    I updated the adventure creator. (Though I did not delete folder of the old version before importing new one)
    I switched to 2d demo menu manager and then pointed it to Unity UI from ACFolder/UI

and the same bug occurred. The combine works with Demo menu manager AC inventory and does not work with Unity UI default prefab inventory.

could this be an issue with my setup of interactions? I turned off the "mouse clicks have default functionality" in the settings and I set Interaction A/B to work with reverse of left/right mouse clicks. So right click acts as left click and visa versa.

• edited May 2021

I have not moved to custom event system yet.

An EventSystem object present in the scene will also override AC's own - and this is sometimes spawned by Unity when creating UI canvases. I'm just checking if this is the case.

I switched to 2d demo menu manager and then pointed it to Unity UI from ACFolder/UI

To be clear, you're using Demo_MenuManager, and not Demo2D_MenuManager? If the 3D Demo's has an issue, it sounds like it's caused by another setting. What if you also assign the 3D Demo's Settings Manager, Demo_SettingsManager?

could this be an issue with my setup of interactions? I turned off the "mouse clicks have default functionality" in the settings and I set Interaction A/B to work with reverse of left/right mouse clicks. So right click acts as left click and visa versa.

That certainly affects how the UI behaves - it would be worth testing the behaviour of re-enabling that, and renaming the InteractionA/B inputs to see its effect. Can you share screens showing your inputs and "Interface settings" from the Settings Manager?

Are you using any custom scripts to control your inventory's behaviour?

• Hi!
    I have returned to this project. And after switching the InteractionA/B to defaults the Unity Inventory works.