Forum rules - please read before posting.

3D Player/NPC

Hi!
This is a 3D project with 3d graphics/objects.

I wonder if i can turn a downloaded "first person controller" asset into a Player, that i can use witch AC, for actions like "NPCfollow.followPlayer"

and then i have a question how i can use the "NPCfollow" on 3D NPCs? can i Modify TinPot components and replace his animations to my own NPC?

First Person Controller
https://imgur.com/u2VsnXF

//Malte

Comments

• I wonder if i can turn a downloaded "first person controller" asset into a Player, that i can use witch AC, for actions like "NPCfollow.followPlayer"

See the Manual's "Custom motion controllers" chapter.

The exact steps necessary to incorporate a custom controller into AC will vary depending on the controller, but the most basic way is to simply attach AC's Player or NPC component to the controller, and then set the Motion control setting to Manual.

how i can use the "NPCfollow" on 3D NPCs?

The Character: NPC follow Action is compatible with 2D and 3D NPCs. So long as the characters and NavMesh are set up, the behaviour should be the same.

can i Modify TinPot components and replace his animations to my own NPC?

You can convert a Player character to an NPC by clicking the cog menu to the top-right of the Player Inspector and choosing Convert character type from the drop-down menu.