Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object Animate with Blending to the first frame of Destination Animation Legacy

Hello!

I am using the Object: Animate. I have a Model that has three different animations, Idle, Dialog and Work.

Due to reasons on how the model was created, I cannot use the NPC script, and therefore have to use this Action. What I need to do is when the NPC is talking, I play the Action Object: Animate do "Dialog" animation ( Legacy ) and then it's the Player's turn, I use the Action Object: Animate "Idle" animation ( Legacy ). With the blending set at .25 this achieves what I want and overall happy with it.

However, during the "blend" part of it, it always blends from the last frame of the dialog that it interrupted. If the dialog is 300 frames long, during the blend to "Idle" it stops it and then it resumes.

My question is, is there something I can change in code or a setting when it always blends to the first frame of the destination animation and not the last place it left off?

Thanks

Comments

• I'm not sure I'm totally following: you mention blending to and blending from - which part of the transition has the issue?

Even if it can't be an NPC, are you able to rely on Unity's Animator component (Mecanim animation system)? Using parameters to transition between the various animations shouldn't cause an issue.

Another way to animate things might be to use Unity's Timeline, which gives you per-frame control over an object's animation playback. AC provides a custom Speech track that can be used to trigger dialogue in Timeline sequences - see this tutorial.