Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding a keybinding to a default input

Hi,
In my game, dialogue is skipped by using left or right mouse buttons, but I would like to add the spacebar as an option. I don't want to rewritte all the Input Manager settings, in case I break something. I searched for the default Input definition in AC to just add the spacebar as an alternate button, but I cannot find where the actual buttons are binded to the "SkipSpeech" input event, neither in code or in AC Settings.
Where I can find this? Thanks.

Comments

• The only input AC will automatically add to Unity's Input Manager is "Menu", which is necessary for AC's default interface.

To have the space bar be used skip speech, you need to add it to the Input Manager manually under the name SkipSpeech.

This needn't involve rewriting your Input Manager settings - just increase the number of inputs defined at the top of the window by one, and Unity will duplicate the last-created input for you to change as needed.

Expanding this new input, setting its Name to SkipSpeech and Positive Button to space should then allow for this key to skip speech text.