Forum rules - please read before posting.

Opsive Controller with AC

Hi, I have integrated opsive controller but when I pause the game and press resume I lose all mouse control I can use the WASD keys to move but can't move the camera at all. It use to work on the older versions so maybe it needs updating or has anyone else has come across this. And I'm using direct but when I use First-person the camera moves uncontrollably and I can't move the camera with the mouse.

Comments

• Opsive has a few "Controller" assets - which one specifically are you using, which version number, and are you using it in conjunction with AC's integration package?

Check the Console window when the issue occurs - is anything related appearing?

• The Ultimate controller but really shouldn't matter which one and the latest one same as the adventure creator latest one and yes I am using the integration on the downloads for AC. The scenes that came with the integration works fine but when I do my own one the pause and going back to gameplay doesn't work I'm thinking because of the updates with either AC or UCC. The version of unity is 2019.4.24f1, I have tried other versions, and it's still the same.

• edited June 2021

Please give exact version numbers. The latest UCC release was a few days ago - were things working before then, or did you update AC at the same time as well?

As with you, I cannot recreate such an issue in the integration package, so I'll need steps on how to get the issue to occur. Look for differences in the ways the scenes are set up - i.e. the Camera or the Player. Try using the Integration's Managers in your own scene, and vice-versa.

Again, anything in the Console?

• I did a new project using unity 2019.4.24f1 then I installed AC Version 1.73.8 which is the latest one I have on the unity asset store then installed UCC Version 2.3.3 which is the latest one from the unity asset store then I downloaded the newest UCC Integration and did the exact steps that came with that. I will try the package that came with it instead of doing my own but I didn't change anything in mine except for to make the cursor stay in the middle. I also wasn't using the full-body awareness at all with UCC.

• I have just recreated the problem. I use the managers that came with the integration it works fine but when I use my own managers that was created by the new game wizard it seems to go wrong then.

• I worked out the problem on the cursor manager when I uncheck always show system cursor in editor then when I pause the mouse control won't work then if I check always show system cursor in editor it works as expected. I was just using direct as movement but First-person mode I don't have control of mouse at all.

• Recreated, thanks for the details. Best leave it checked for the moment, but I will look into it.

• Thank you it took a while to figure that 1 out.

• This issue occurs because of a conflict in the way UCC updates the cursor when it thinks the game application has lost/regained focus, in that it also detects for mouse clicks / escape key presses in the same way/time that AC detects such input for closing the default Pause menu.

To resolve this specifically, open UCC's PlayerInput script (not AC's of the same name), and remove the top of its FixedUpdate function:

if (!m_Focus) {
        return;
    }

This may have further unintended consequences, however, so in my opinion it's best to leave things unchanged but keep AC's "Always show system cursor in Editor?" option checked.

• I came back to doing my project and I did just find On the player there is Unity Input script and I unchecked Enable cursor with escape and everything works as I wanted to. I didn't have to change any script. This may help someone else.