Forum rules - please read before posting.

Very Strange: after playing a timeline, 1st person character changes position

Hi everybody,
I got the following strange problem:

Scene is loaded, player is spawned at PlayerStart. Everything's OK.

In the 'OnStart' ActionList

• I start a timeline doing nothing than close a windows shutter and change the Sky and Fog Volume.
  • when the Timeline ends, I stop it
  • unlock Pause and Inventory Menu
  • set Player Constraints to Enable
    so far, nothing special.

After that cutscene my player can look around and everything looks normal BUT when I move(WASD),
the player is catapulted a few meters to another location (in my case outside of the room), after that, he moves normally (but under the floor, or outside the house or somewhere).

This behavior seems directly related to playing the timeline, as when I take out the 'Engine: timeline play' and 'Engine: timeline stop' Actions from the 'OnStart' ActionList, the player starts at the PlayerStart and moves normally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• UPDATE: The problem was the timeline. Since I made this, I moved the room a little bit. Seems like the timeline remembers the location of everything in the scene at a moment (although there is nothing in it reporting to the player).
    UFF! B)

• edited July 2021

Welcome to the community, @McNice.

What are your AC and Unity versions, and are you using AC's provided first-person controller, or a third-party/custom one?

There should be no need to have a second Engine: Control Timeline Action to stop the Timeline if you're intending for it to play in full. It would be best to see screenshots of the Actions and Timeline involved to get a clear picture of the situation.

Is the Player moving to a specific position, i.e. where a Marker is placed? It's hard to tell if the movement is occuring due to AC or Timeline itself, as AC shouldn't affect the Player's motion once a Timeline has ended, particularly if there aren't any Timeline tracks that involve them.

This couldn't somehow be a case of the Player being inadvertently moved out the way by a collider that's controlled in the Timeline?

Here's a simple script you can attach to the Player's root object:

using UnityEngine;

public class TeleportTesting : MonoBehaviour
    {

public void OnTeleport ()
        {
            Debug.Log (this + " was teleported to " + transform.position, transform);
        }

}

That should cause the Console to give a report whenever the Player is explicitly teleported by AC internally. Does it do so when the issue occurs? If so, copy/paste the message in full and I'll try to spot the issue.