Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lights don't bake when switching scenes

Hello,

To make life easier, I demonstrated my question through a video.

I did a little more research after I made the video. All my lights are set to real-time versus baking. I assume that might be the reason the scene lighting doesn't load when I switch in the build. However, baked lighting looks HORRIBLE.

If you watch the video, at the end the real-time lighting finally works. It just takes a bit of time. Can I work with this? Would a loading scene or something like that work? Or do I have to do baked lighting?

Comments

• edited August 2021

You're not alone in having trouble with Unity's lightmapping.

Adding a loading scene improve things - since the scene itself is loading quickly, just with the lighting taking time to appear.

As you're using the Shadowmask lighting mode, it'll be worth tinkering with the "ShadowMask Mode" option in Unity's Quality Settings (see this section of Unity's docs), but I'm afraid the issue itself isn't related to AC.

• Damn. Okay, thanks! I thought maybe it had something to deal with AC scene switching. I'll have to look up how to do lightmaps properly then.