Forum rules - please read before posting.

A few questions about First Person Camera

Hello!

A few questions I have about the First Person Camera that I can't find on the forums yet.

1. My first-person camera isn't switching to a game camera. In an action list, I change the movement method of the game, and that works, but, it won't actually switch cameras. This is my action list:
    https://64.media.tumblr.com/dbbb308c1157ef68142480ed8ea63da4/9ecf7fac0fac2434-52/s640x960/ab1732fc66b1219b22e00f65ba3c546da555362a.jpg

2. I want my first-person camera to sit down in a chair. I would do a camera switch, but I want the character to be able to look around. Right now I have the camera teleport to a lower position, which only sometimes works. I think because the player has a collision and doesn't like going through the floor. Is there a cleaner way of pulling this off?

3. Is there such thing as a "look at" action in AC? Like I look at an ememy and something happens?

Comments

• My first-person camera isn't switching to a game camera

Your ActionList looks fine - what's your AC/Unity versions, and are you getting any messages in the Console?

Are there any Cameras (custom or otherwise) that are enabled in your scene? It should be that the MainCamera is the only one doing any rendering.

Enable the AC Status window via the bottom of the Settings Manager - what does it list the active camera as after the ActionList is run?

I want my first-person camera to sit down in a chair. I would do a camera switch, but I want the character to be able to look around.

You may benefit from the Constrained First Person camera type over on the wiki:
    https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Camera_-_Constrained_first-person

Is there such thing as a "look at" action in AC?

It depends on how exactly you want that interaction to run.

If your "Interaction method" is set to "Context Sensitive", then you can right-click to Examine Hotspots. A Hotspot's Inspector has a separate section to define your Examine interaction.

Otherwise, you can define multiple "Use" interactions for a Hotspot - each mapped to a different Icon defined in the Cursor Manager. One of these can be set up for "Examine".