Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger in Prefab. I need to pass it to the Action List as parameter, not the detected object.

Hi there,

As the title says, I'd like to use the trigger Game Object itself as the parameter to sync to the ActionList asset, not the object that enters it (Player in most cases).

My reason to do this is that I'd like to use a generic Action List asset that just sends back a Playmaker "Enter" event to an FSM located in the trigger object that has been entered. And then, in turn, that FSM would do whatever it is necessary for that specific trigger.

I thought it would be possible because the Hotspot component supports it, passing itself as a parameter to an Action List asset. However, it doesn't seem to be the case with triggers.

Would you consider to add this functionality? Otherwise I'm afraid I'd need to create an Action List asset for every trigger I add, which is not a big deal, I suppose, but my OCD would really like minimizing items to manage. :p

Thanks.

Comments

• Attach the Set Trigger Parameters component to the Trigger - that will allow you to pass itself as a GameObject parameter to the Asset File.

• Oh, a magical component I didn't knew of in all these years!

I wonder how much more I don't know, lol.

Thanks!

• This tutorial covers the component as well as other practices when prefabbing logic.