Forum rules - please read before posting.

GUI customization tutorials?

Hi all,
I wonder are there any tutorials how to customize GUI? I understand basic GUI is given as an example, but there are tones of thing I would like to do besides it. For example to have dialogue with animated 2D character portrait. How about cutscenes? I do not mean in-game ones but series of images or video with text. How about radial menu? Is it possible?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @Makumba666.

A series of tutorials on menu customisation can be found here.

Tutorials on working with character portraits can be found here.

AC offers two ways of creating menus, as set by a Menu's "Source" property. The "Adventure Creator" option is easier to work with, as you can do everything directly in the Menu Manager, but the "Unity UI Prefab" option offers much more stylistic control. For things like a radial menu, or animated cutscenes graphic-novel style, you'll want to rely on Unity UI.

I can offer more specific guidance on how to go about these if you can share more detail on what you're going for, though I would recommend first getting familiar with how Unity UI and AC work together. The process of creating a new Unity UI-based Menu is covered in video-form here.