Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator Update 1.74 Problem with the animated camera at the start of the scene

I have unity 2020.1.10f1 and have updated Adventure Creator from version 1.73.6 to this 1.74.
I've been experiencing this problem, scenes that start with an Animated Camera, crash on startup reporting that the "animated Camera" doesn't have the "Animation" component, even though it is there.
I noticed that to solve the problem I have to insert in the Scene menu of Adventure Creator that camera as default and the scene starts normally.

This is the result:

Instead, if I insert the line of code as suggested by Chris:

if (_animation == null) _animation = GetComponent <Animation> ();

I get as many errors as there are animated cameras in the scene.

This is the result:

Comments

• I shall PM you an alternative script to test.

Though, I'm not following the difference between "scenes that start with an Animated Camera" and "insert in the Scene menu of Adventure Creator that camera as default". Were you originally using a different camera type as the default, and switching to the animated camera in your OnStart cutscene?

• Yes, the error occurs if I use another type of camera as the default camera and then via the OnStart cutscene, switch to animated camera.

If I use the Animated Camera as the default camera, it works.

In fact I was asking if the error was mine, because I set a different start camera from the real start camera.(which in this scene is an animated camera)

Since I never had such errors until version 1.73.6, I never gave it a thought.