Forum rules - please read before posting.

Shifting dialogue options not hiding previous options

edited September 2021 in Technical Q&A

Hi, I'm trying to add a next/previous button to shift dialogue options, but it's not behaving as I expect.

Here's a repro:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amz_vh8OYDX3vPIq86SYfc1UU_DyOw?e=AheOTc

Play scene 1 and click the "Next..." dialog option. I expect "Previous..." and "5" to be the only visible dialog options, but all previous options are visible too.

AC 1.74.0
Unity 2021.1.20

Thanks

Comments

• I'll investigate, thanks for the repro.

• Looks like this has been fixed in 1.74.1

Two things though:
    1. I might be wrong but you might have negated the feature - "Limit maximun scroll" has to be off to get what I was expecting (or maybe the text is just confusing me) :)
    2. I have "Dialogue options can be selected with number keys?" checked. The list is always using the global button nr rather than taking into account what buttons are currently visible. That is to say: When I'm on page 2 in the repro (which shifted 4 items), I would make more sense for NumKey1 to now map to option 5 rather than option 1.

1. It's difficult to convey the option's effect in a single line, but limiting the maximum scroll prevents the list from scrolling so far that option slots can become empty. This wording and behaviour is also present on InventoryBox elements.
    2. This is a global setting that is independent of the way the Conversation is actually displayed on-screen. I shall look into this, but it'll probably have to be a case of moving it to the DialogList element's properties.