Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is "Remember Container" not working?

Hello!

I've run into a problem with containers and I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding how Adventure creator saves items into containers, or if the "Remember Container" script might be broken.

In this example I'm simply placing 1 Bone item inside this tree container on a scene called "Front Entrance"

Opening and taking this bone works exactly as intended, allowing players to take the bone from the container, leaving the container completely empty once the bone has been moved into the player's inventory.
Viewing the container in the inspector looks like this.

I have not changed anything about the container with it's default settings, including the "remember container" component that comes along with it.

Upon switching to a new scene and returning to the "Front Entrance" scene, this tree container still contains the same bone that has already been taken by the player, allowing players to reload the area as many times as they want and effectively acquire as many bones as they want, which is a big NO NO.

I have used other examples, like the "Remember Visibility" and "Remember Hotspot" components in the same scene and both of these components have successfully retained information that I need to carry over when switching between scenes but all containers are unable to provide the same function, allowing players the ability to reload any scene they want and respawn all the contents of each container they have already looted.

I imagine the "Remember Container" script should function similar or identical to the way other "remember" components operate, but if there's something I'm doing wrong or misunderstanding please let me know.

I appreciate your time! Thankyou!

Comments

• The behaviour you're expecting is as it should be: the Remember Container component should keep track of what items are present in the Container its attached to.

What are your AC and Unity version numbers? I shall attempt a recreation.

• Recreated - it's an issue related to the Remember Container component not working correctly if the Container has no items.

A fix will be included in v1.74.1, thanks for the bug report.

• I appreciate the quick response!

Just tested it myself (after updating to the latest version of AC), empty containers do seem to be the problem.
    Thanks for clarifying!

I'll be eagerly awaiting 1.74.1 then! :)

• Just updated to 1.74.1 and this problem is now resolved on my end.