Forum rules - please read before posting.

Screen Resolution Tutorial: Adapting to Unity UI?

Dear AC Friends;

We've received some requests from players who want to play our game in windowed mode, so I'm attempting to get an option working using the tutorial here: https://adventurecreator.org/tutorials/adding-screen-resolution-option

(I'll also attempt to use the variations of fullscreen bool suggested by other users)

I'm using Unity UI, and the tutorial is for AC UI - I'm pretty sure I need to change this line in the script in order to have it reflected in my options screen:

MenuCycle resolutionCycle = PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName("Title Screen Options", "ScreenResolution") as AC.MenuCycle;

I'd guess that AC.MenuCycle needs to be changed to Unity UI, but I can't work out what I need to change it to... Once that bridge is crossed, am I likely to hit any other problems adapting the script in the tutorial to work with Unity UI?

Cheers,

Martyn

Comments

• The code you're referencing updates the Cycle element's labels to match the available resolutions.

A Dropdown linked to the Menu should be updated automatically when the Menu is turned on.

What issue are you actually having?