Forum rules - please read before posting.

Play custom animation using Active Inputs

Hello!

We have a game where the player controls a dog. Obviously dog barks, so I've been trying to use Active Inputs to achieve this by having InteractionB button to perform a barking animation and a accompanying sound effect. The input should also increase a barking integer by one.
In the action list asset I have added a prefab of the player character (from the assets, not in the scene) in the character field, but the console gives an animator error, and the animation does not play. Any suggestions how to get this to work properly? If there's another approach instead of Active Inputs, I'm all ears!

Comments

• If an error message is showing, please share it.

If you're using player-switching, and the dog prefab is listed in the Settings Manager's list of Players, then you don't need to assign the prefab directly in your Action - you can check Is Player? in your Character: Animate Action and select the Dog from the dropdown.

If you're not using player-switching, and instead have the dog as a local Player that overrides your default in a specific scene, drag the dog scene object into your Action's Character field. That will generate a Constant ID field for it that can be used to connect the two at runtime.