Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to turn gravity off for Move Along Plane draggables

I'm making a puzzle where a player needs to find the location of a place on a map, and to help with this I want to have a couple of markers that the player can drag around the map. Right now I have it set so you can drag it along a plane, but whenever I hit the play button, gravity is turned on for the object, which makes it fall out of the view of the camera. Is there any way to turn off gravity?

Comments

• edited November 2021

What are your AC and Unity versions?

Though, it should be a case of unchecking Gravity set by 'held' state? in the Draggable's Inspector. That will then prevent AC from updating the Rigidbody's Use Gravity option automatically.

• I'm in unity version 2020.3.14f1, and AC version 1.74.3 (just barley updated it though). However, I'm not seeing that setting in the inspector.

• Apologies - a bug is preventing this from showing.

I will remedy this, but in the meantime: switch your Drag Mode to Rotate Only to show the option. Uncheck it, then switch back to Move Alone Plane, and the effects of it being unchecked should still be felt.

• Ok, that looks like it worked. Thanks!