Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity UI in Scene Menus not functioning in Android build

Hello AC Friends,

Running Unity 2021.1.0f1 and AC 1.73.6, I have Unity UI in scene menus on my title screen that don't respond to touches (or click in the editor). All my other Unity UI menus work (in this scene and others), as do my regular hotspots. Switching this menu to a UI prefab doesn't solve the problem. Unity UI blocks interaction and movement is set to off, but turning it on doesn't change the (lack of) behaviour. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Is this after exiting your game proper back to the title scene, or when the game begins? An issue related to the former was addressed in v1.74.0 - it may be worth testing the latest release in a backup/duplicate project.

Does the menu pause the game when turned on? Check the state of any Interactability checkboxes it has - both on its Button components as well as any Canvas Group components in its Hierarchy.

• Thanks!

Updating to latest AC as we speak.

The issue occurs on game start, but if you return to the title it still persists.

Menu doesn't pause the game when turned on.

I'll look at the interactibility chekboxes in a moment and update you.

Interestingly, changing the menu to a Unity UI prefab does make these buttons work in the editor, but they still don't function in an Android build on a phone.

• Are you relying on a local/custom EventSystem, and what is your "Input method" set to? Try comparing between Mouse And Keyboard and Touch Screen.