Forum rules - please read before posting.

Gather text does not add DialogOptions from asset file conversion

Hi all,

My game has player switching. So the different players can talk to each others. (talk to "inactive" player)
To make this scene independent, I have a "conversation" asset file / prefab belonging to a player.
It's working fine in the main language, but I'm not able to translate those "DialogOptions", because they are not captured by gather text function.
The action list that uses this conversation (override options) is in the same players asset folder and was found and added by gather text.

Does anyone know a trick / fix how to get the dialog options available for translation?

Thanks
KaiB

AC Version v1.73.2

Comments

• Are you referring to ActionList assets triggered when a dialogue option is chosen, or the option labels?

How is the Conversation referenced/triggered in your game at runtime? Any relevant screenshots will help understand the issue.

• The option labels are not "gathered" and so I can't translate them.

Inspector of Conversation Prefab:

Action list (asset, not in scene, red are not gathered, blue are captured):

The text ingame that can't be translated:

• Thanks for the details, I'll attempt a recreation.

• For the Conversation to be gathered, it must be either part of a scene file (and set to survive scene changes), or be part of the Player prefab.

Attaching the Conversation component to your Player prefab should have it be included in the gather process.

• edited December 2021

Attaching the Conversation component to my Player prefab works perfectly fine. Thank you for your help!