Forum rules - please read before posting.

Third Person Camera zoom with COMBAT EXAMPLE

I am using COMBAT EXAMPLE to create a resident evil style combat and inventory system, but since I use the third person camera I would like that when I aim the weapon the camera near the player is zoomed, is it possible to do something like this?

Comments

• edited December 2021

I'd say it'd be a case of switching to a separate camera that's got its own set of distance/FOV etc values whenever aiming, and switching back to the "regular" camera otherwise.

The package's PlayerCombat script has an "IsAiming()" function that you can read in a custom script to set the correct camera. Something like this:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;
    using AC.CombatExample;

public class AimCamera : MonoBehaviour
    {

public _Camera normalCamera;
        public _Camera aimCamera;
        public PlayerCombat playerCombat;
        public float transitionTime = 1f;

void Update ()
        {
            if (!KickStarter.stateHandler.IsInGameplay ())
            {
                return;
            }

if (playerCombat.IsAiming ())
            {
                if (KickStarter.mainCamera.attachedCamera == normalCamera)
                {
                    KickStarter.mainCamera.SetGameCamera (aimCamera, transitionTime);
                }
            }
            else
            {   
                if (KickStarter.mainCamera.attachedCamera == aimCamera)
                {
                    KickStarter.mainCamera.SetGameCamera (normalCamera, transitionTime);
                }
            }
        }

}

Paste into a C# script named AimCamera and attach to your Player, then fill in its Inspector.

To reiterate the package's Readme, though: this example is meant to demonstrate the use of custom scripting to extend gameplay. You will need to rely on custom scripting to make a proper combat game with AC.