Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List: Play one-shot does not list any audio sources even though they are available

I have created an audio source with the spatial blend set to 2D because I want to play a speech comment sound using an Action List with Play one-shot which should not be in 3D.
However, though I can select the clip and playing works I cannot select the audio source because whenever I want to select an audio source the audio source list is empty.

https://imgur.com/a/mgizS1J

Comments

• I actually will be using dialogs and speech instead now (see other post, not working completely), but I'd still would like to know why no audio source is selectable

• Are you referring to the popup window that appears when clicking the Action's "Audio source (optional)" field?

This window is handled by Unity, and oftentimes doesn't list all available objects. However, it should still be possible to manually drag an object from the Hierarchy into the field.

• Yes, that's what I'm talking about. I just tried dragging, but it also does not work. The audio source is created using GameObject -> Audio -> Audio Source in the hierarchy. I could however drag it onto the "Position" field.

• edited January 2022

I'll need to see screenshots showing the situation, in that case - it's not an issue I can recreate.

What are your Unity and AC versions?